- Become involved in your community.
- Be notified of state wide board opportunities.
- Bring your passions, interests and skills to fulfill nonprofit organization’s needs.
- Serve as a policy making volunteer in your community.
- Build relationships.
- Become part of affinity/support group for ongoing relationships.
- Select a mentor/coach.
- Make “life/business connections” (with movers and shakers in your community, including company CEOs).
- Receive board training.
- Board Basics
- Governance and Director Accountability
- Fundraising Part II
- Legal and Ethics
- Mission, Vision and Strategic Planning
- Effective Meetings
For board training: click here for the board training modules.
For TOC membership: click here to join Trustees of Color.
back to top